Present were Betty Robinson, Jannette Douglas, Jim Miller, Jeanine Samples, Eloise Boggs, and Jerry Stover.
President Jerry Stover called the meeting to order, and the minutes of the August meeting were read and approved. There was no treasurer’s report for this month.
- Jerry requested that we inform him of topics we would want on the agenda for upcoming meetings.
- There is no news to report about our website.
- Old Courthouse Committee- Jeanine distributed copies of a revised volunteer contact list. She also reported that Stephanie Bryant, who cannot attend our meetings, is willing to help by way of doing research of family histories. More information about this later.
- Apple Festival Committee- The committee met twice to make final plans for our part on Saturday, September 21. The problem of parking for those taking part in the festival was discussed, and Jerry will try to find a solution. The Historical Society will have a table at the front of the new courthouse from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and at the high school from 3:30 p.m. on. There will be one-hour open house session in the old courthouse at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Hickory and Lady Slippers- Dustin Bird is selling…