Firefighters with the Stuart Fire Department responded Friday to Patrick County High School to a report of smoke.

When fire crews arrived at the scene around 2:26 a.m., smoke was visible in the rear of the building. Firefighters with the Stuart department, and those with Patrick County Emergency Management, located an air handler for the air conditioning system on the roof. They determined the air handler had shorted out and filled the school with smoke.

Fire officials placed a smoke ejector on the roof and cleared smoke out of the facility.

Fire Company 26 (Stuart Fire Department) cleared scene around 4 a.m. Friday.

There were no injuries, and the school was not damaged.

Jeb Stuart Rescue Squad also responded and remained at the scene for 90 minutes.

View full article here