With 2018 fading into the background, it’s time to take a look at some of the stories that The Herald covered over the past year.
• Jon Ellestab was named interim town manager of Buchanan following the Dec. 1, 2017 resignation of Larry Hall. Ellestab, former city manager of Lexington, was appointed interim town manager on a part-time basis.
• Daleville’s Sandy Hadaway was honored as one of six high school athletic directors who were inducted into the ninth Hall of Fame class of the National Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association.
• Craig Bryant was sworn in as Mayor of Buchanan on Jan. 20. He assumed the office following a unanimous vote of support by the four-member Town Council.
• The Botetourt County Sheriff’s Office dedicated a K-9 Memorial in honor of the dogs that have served along side the officers ever since the first one was brought on in 1973.
• Michelle Crook was elected chair of the Botetourt County School Board. Crook was appointed to the School Board in December 2016 to fill the late Kathy Sullivan’s unexpired term. Crook represents the Buchanan District.
• The Botetourt Board of Supervisors voted 3-1…