The City of Lewisburg has issued the following notice regarding Trick or Treating on Halloween, Wednesday, Oct. 31. Trick or treating will run from 6 to 8 p.m. in Lewisburg, at homes that have the porch light turned on.
- Cross the street at corners.
- Look left, right and left again when crossing and keep looking as you cross.
- Put electronic devices down and keep heads up and walk, don’t run, across the street.
- Teach children to make eye contact with drivers before crossing in front of them.
- Always walk on sidewalks or paths. If there are no sidewalks, walk facing traffic as far to the left as possible. Children should walk on direct routes with the fewest street crossings.
- Watch for cars that are turning or backing up. Teach children to never dart out into the street or cross between parked cars.
Trick or Treat with an Adult
Children under the age of 12 should not be alone at night without adult supervision. If kids are mature enough to be out without supervision, they should stick to familiar areas that are well lit and trick-or-treat in groups.
Drive Extra Safely on Halloween
- Slow down and be especially alert…