A Botetourt County grand jury returned direct indictments agains 43 individuals and indirect indictments against 19 others when it met October 2 in Fincastle.
Twenty-two of the direct indictments are on drug distribution charges that ranged from hydorcodoen and heroine to methamphetamines.
The grand jury also returned 20 indictments against an individual on sodomy charges and one first degree attempted murder indictment.
The indictments included:
- Tania Afrin of Oviendo, Fla., false pretenses
- Michael Blake Amos of Troutville, attempted escape
- Dakota Rey Austin of Salem, two counts of distributing heroin
- Antonio Baez of Cloverdale, distributing Gabapentin; distributing imitation Schedule I/II drugs
- Richard Joseph Banner of Cana, Va., possession of drugs by a prisoner
- Faranak Bavardeh of San Diego, Calif., false pretenses
- Michael E. Beckner of Roanoke, five counts of bad…